Saturday 31 October 2009

seattle - it never rains...

I’m really sorry to say that I didn’t love Seattle. I had so many high .expectations for this city that I guess it was inevitable that it would fall on its face. Maybe it’s a city that has been hit hard by the resent economic down turn or maybe I just landed on a bad day either way I’ve never felt so unsafe and threatened. There is a real homeless problem and they are poor, cold and need help and that’s all I have to say on the matter.

In my 24hour stay these are my highlights. A row of pretty indie craft shops; Schmancy a kind of Manga and hand made toy store for grown-ups, Nancy selling cards, prints and lots of bits and bobs and Fancy the nicest of all three selling hand made jewellery.

I also went to the iMax and saw “Where the Wild Things Are”, which is the most perfect film about the isolation and hopelessness of childhood. I can’t believe it’s a children’s film. It’s beautiful, hard, imaginative and has the best film sound track I’ve heard since “The Life Aquatic”.

"Please don’t go, I’ll eat you up, I love you so".

No comments:

Post a Comment