Thursday 13 December 2012

Free Printable Bookmarks

This is a very simple DIY, it’s so simple it’s really just a printable, with a brief 'how to'. 

I know lots of people give books at Christmas. When I gift a book, instead of writing or sticking anything on the inside cover I like to add a bookmark with a note (something about defacing books, even though it’s nice it just doesn’t sit well with me). Bookmarks are handy and a thoughtful extra. When I send orders I try and add little gifts in with the parcel and bookmarks are one of my staples. I have a number of design but my two newest are my favorites so as a nice seasonal gesture I’m offering the designs as printables.
The first design is a silly word play joke, like all jokes it won’t be for everyone but it made me giggle so I figured at least a couple of people might like it as well. It’s a Facebook(Mark), basically a bookmark with a picture of Mark Zuckerberg the CEO of Facebook on it. Yeah I know it’s a bit of a Dad joke but if you like it you can download it here...

The second design is this sweet little carrot with a green ribbon stalk. It was design to send out with my Seasons Eatings calendars and would be a perfect little extra for any green fingered friends or family. The way the top pops out looks like it’s growing from the book. It’s so sweet. You can download this design here...

WHAT YOU NEED

STEPS 
Download the design and print it out on to some heavy weight paper/card, you might want to check your printer guidelines but 250-280 gsm should be fine. You can pick this up from any good stationary shop.


Cut out the bookmark using the black key line. Try and carefully cut just inside the line so you don’t have any black border on the bookmark.


Optional, if you’re feeling fancy you can use a rounded corner punch to make the corners rounded. You can buy them in good stationary shop too or from amazon.

Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top centre of the bookmark. Make sure it doesn’t end up so high that you cut through the top of the paper. I have a small one hole hand punch but a single hole from a double standard hole punch will do just as well. Note, measure the size of the hole your hole punch makes before buying ribbon. Ribbon comes in different widths. I bought 3mm wide ribbon as my punch makes small holes. You may need 5mm or 8mm with a standard larger punch.
Once you have the right width of ribbon cut a length of around 10cm. Use green ribbon to make the stalk of the carrot and what ever colour you like on the Facebook(mark).

Fold the cut ribbon in half and push the folded point through the hole at the top of the bookmark.
 Once the ribbon is half way through the hole, open the folded half out to form a loop.
 Place the open ends over the top of the bookmark and thread them through the loop.
Pull the open ends tight... Bookmark made, write a message on the back or just use yourself for fun.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family. cheap innovative bookmarks design

    ReplyDelete