Wednesday 3 April 2013

Making Zines and Public Speaking

This is a really short post just to let you know I've been asked to do a couple of talks in the coming months. What feels like I life time ago I used to work as a tutor and had to talk to room full's of people on a daily basis but boy I'm feeling rusty. I'm mostly looking forward to it though or will be once I have my images sorted.

On Wednesday 8 May 1pm-2pm I'm speaking at the BNZ Business Centre, Dunedin for She's Motivated. It's free of charge, you can find out more here.

I'm very excited that my partner Scott and I have both been booked to talk and teach a class at this years Handmade in Te Papa, Wellington. Scott is my smarter half and although he'll hate me saying it a sought after public speaker and design tutor. I'm so gutted that my class clashes with his talk time as I was looking forward to hearing him speak. He's also teaching a paper toy making class, which I'm fully intending to gate clash as his assistant.

I'm also giving a talk about the ins and outs of running a online creative business with plenty of insider tricks and tips and teaching a zine making class. I used to teach the same class at Edinburgh College of Art and it was always great fun and kind of magical how you can make a perfect little booklet from one sheet of paper. I hope some of you will be able to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment