Sunday 29 September 2013

Seasons' Eatings 2014 Sneak Peak

Pardon the pun but I've rather bitten off more than I can chew with this years calendar. I feel like I've been drawing nothing but food for months now. I long to start drawing hot dudes for tea towels again. I'm running horribly behind and I'm so sorry for this. There is light at the end of the tunnel though and everything is starting to come together. 
The success of the PledgeMe campaign was wonderful and totally humbling for both Bron (the clever recipe writer) and myself. I fear we have both been a little overwhelmed and turned into perfectionists. Wanting to make sure we deliver a product worthy of the funds we raised. that's not to say I think the work I am doing is perfect just that I'm being super critical of every drawing I do and find myself redoing and redrawing items again and again.
When I'm not being a crazy artist though I can see that it's all coming together nicely and the recipes  Bron keeps emailing are month wateringly good.

My aim is to get the calendar to print in the next 5-8 days and providing I don't get called into my freelance job more than a day or two I imagine it should be achievable. In the time being I though I would share some of the illustrations.... Just to show I'm not slacking off



3 comments: